After a very busy month, I figured I deserve a coffee break. With donuts. So, using my new Latte cutter from Plastics in Print (fondly known to the cookie world as "PIP") I thought I would cheat just a little & make coffee and donut cookies. Pretty simple, except when you are doing a bajillion other things at the same time and decorate your one main cookie all wrong and have to scrape it off and decorate the back of the cookie... Nope, that didn't happen here... ok, so what if it did... (if I was smart I would have made an extra, but I really wasn't expecting to completely ruin it!) Speaking of which, I used a Boo-Boo stick from Karen's Cookies to scrape the icing off - I love those sticks! I really like how this set eventually turned out... and in a BRPBoxShop cookie box, too cute not to send to someone who needs a coffee break in life! I guess I could have done the Starbuck's logo on there but after my icing mishap, I decided not to test my luck... Here's a quick tutorial, IKEA style - pics only, minus the little guy...
So, do you have someone in mind to send a Coffee Break box to? I thought so... that's why I'm going to do a Coffee Break Giveaway! Here's what you'll get to help you make this set, should you be the lucky winner:
- a PIP 3.5" Latte cutter, generously donated by Plastics in Print - thanks Patrick!
- 2 CK icing bottles with couplers and caps, and a pack of Boo-Boo sticks, generously donated by Karen's Cookies - thanks Mike & Karen!
- 6 (7X4.5X1") white window cookie boxes & lids, generously donated by BRPBoxShop - thanks Connie!
...AND some treats from yours truly...
- #1, #2, #3 and #4 Wilton tips to go on those icing bottles
- Tip Covers to, well, cover your tips
- a 3-pk of circle cutters to make the donuts
- 3 bottles of AmeriColor Gel paste in Bright White, Chocolate Brown and Soft Pink to color your icing
- Cookie bling - Jimmies and Non-Pareils to top off your donuts
- a bottle of Wilton Glycerin, should you like to try making my Royal Glaze
- ...and last but not least, a $5 Dunkin' Donuts gift card, to give yourself a coffee break while your cookies are drying ; )
4 Ways to Enter:
- Post a comment here on my blog - feel free to say something sweet about Karen's, BRP, PIP and/or yours truly;
- Post a comment on my Facebook wall - make sure to mention this giveaway;
- Follow my blog. (If you follow by email, post it to tell me since I can't tell that you're following. If you follow by Google, I can see that, and you get an automatic entry);
- Like my FB page, and post on my wall that you're a new fan from my blog.
Enter thru Wednesday 10/3, winner will be posted by 10/5 - good luck!
Ok, I'm finally off to my coffee break!