Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sweets for my Sweet

 


 
Well, it's time again for another Hallmark Holiday.  "Sweetest Day."  Not that I have anything against professing my love to my husband (love you honey!) but after all, Valentine's Day is less than four months away...  Anyway, since Sweetest Day is Saturday, I thought I'd give my sweet a box of chocolates.  But, instead of buying a box, a box that probably consists of at least half of those really yucky ones, I figured I'd make a box of cookie chocolates : )  I usually do these with chocolate fondant (candy clay) but I was too lazy busy to make any.  They are really fun to do, and boy are they yuuummmyyy!
 
*****
 
First, bake up a batch of LilaLoa's End-All for Chocolate Cookies, cut in candy-box-candy shapes (squares, circles, rectangles.)  Sure, you could use any old chocolate cookie recipe, but since she was so kind wonderful  unbelievably selfless to share hers, why wouldn't you?  They are soooo good!  I mean, the name says it all! (I think she did something similar to these a while back... but I think she iced in actual chocolate, which is also really good!)

 
 *****
 
I added a little cocoa to my icing to make a chocolate Royal Glaze, and then iced the cookies.  Some, I sprinkled coarse sugar on to resemble salted caramel, and on some I sprinkled some toasted almond.  And, just for giggles, I had to make one look like it was the "gross" one of the box... the one that stands out from the rest, and if it were in a real box of chocolates, it would be the last one anyone took, and threw away after a tiny bite out of the corner... : )  To the rest, add some drizzles 'n' stuff.
 
 
*****
 



*****
 
 
When they're dry, put them in to some mini cupcake liners, and then in a box.  And there you have it! 
 
*Sweets for my Sweet*



 
 
*****



Here's to Hallmark Holidays! 
 
Happy Sweetest Day!  


6 comments:

  1. so cute! Love this set... My MIL loves chocolate and my cookies, she always has a box of Sees chocolates in her fridge... I might have to make some of these for her.. she would just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love that cookies, I would really like if you could send me the recipe of the Royal Glaze.
    I really like you'r blog, you do a wonderfull job
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful! Love the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They make a wonderful presentation decorated as a box of chocolates. I am not seeing a gross one in the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    @ Donna - you know it's the white one - normally filled with some kind of weird creme... lol!

    @ Maria, I have linked "Royal Glaze" above to the post contining the recipe : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle...
    These are awesome....I may just have to make them just because!!! I haven't tried LiaLoa's chocolate cookie recipe yet but now this gives me the opportunity....Love that box from BRP!!! Have to get me some!!! Anyway..thanks for posting this...See you on the forum!!!

    Roxanne
    (aka)SugarFairy

    ReplyDelete